Take your performance to a whole new dimension with the PSR-SX. Replacing the hugely successful PSR-S series, the PSR-SX900 is the new generation in Digital Workstation sound, design and user experience. These instruments will inspire and intensify your musical performance and enjoyment.
Powerful Yamaha Arranger with Premium Sounds and Features
The PSR-SX900 is loaded with content from Yamaha's flagship Genos digital workstation. This premium content sounds amazing through the PSR-SX900's state-of-the-art bi-amplified speaker system with its spacious stereo image. Navigate quickly and easily using the bright 7" color TFT touchscreen, or set up the assignable buttons to instantly access your preferred functions. Yamaha packed the PSR-SX900 with other new features, including a joystick controller, Chord Looper, new insertion effect structure, Style section reset, a new fantastic-feeling Yamaha synth keyboard action, and more! Whether you're a songwriter, arranger, or performer, the PSR-SX900 makes creating great-sounding music faster and easier than ever.
Write, Record, and Perform Like a Pro
Every great song starts off as an idea — a simple melody or rhythm that you flesh out with accompaniment and arrange into a finished piece. With a Yamaha PSR-SX900 arranger workstation, you'll find that magical process smoother and more intuitive than ever. Loaded with amazing instrument Voices and exciting Accompaniment Styles, creating rich music beds and fully developed songs with the PSR-SX900 is as simple as playing a few chords on the silky 61-note keybed. The onboard Joystick Controller lets you achieve the wide variety of pitch and modulation combinations presented by many different world music styles. Add in hundreds of effects options to chose from, assignable real-time controls, built-in Bluetooth, and a full-color 7" LCD touchscreen for easy navigation, and you're just starting to get the picture of what this awesome arranger has in store.
Your backing band awaits
A solid arranger keyboard is, practically speaking, the most efficient way to realize a musical idea. And nobody understands arranger keyboards like Yamaha. The PSR-SX900's Accompaniment Styles add an instant backing band to your performances while you maintain control over the chord changes and arrangement. You can quickly audition different hundreds of Styles, instantly swap out instruments, and record your arrangements on the PSR-SX900's 16-track song recorder/player or capture performances directly on a USB thumb drive.
Packed with premium content
Pre-loaded with Yamaha's premium Voice and Style content from their flagship Genos workstation, the PSR-SX900 comes packed with an arsenal of great sounds (1337 Voices, 56 Drum/SFX Kits, and 480 XG Voices) to suit any genre, including exotic world music styles. The PSR-SX900 also features a guitar/mic input, USB audio recording, and sample playback via flexible Multi-Pads. And the built-in MP3 lyrics player lets you display lyrics from MP3 song files on the keyboard’s sharp, bright, color LCD — perfect for karaoke! The PSR-SX900 can even connect to an external display via an optional USB display adapter for the ultimate in audience participation.
The real deal
The PSR-SX900 provides a range of powerful production tools. Vocal Cancel lets you effectively remove the vocal or lead instrument from an audio song file to create minus-one tracks for practice or karaoke-style performances. The PSR-SX900 offers advanced, convenient audio playback and processing functions that include Time Stretch — which lets you slow down or speed up an audio file without changing pitch — and Pitch Shift, which lets you change the pitch without altering the time. The PSR-SX900 also supports Audio Styles that include rhythm tracks played by actual musicians, so the PSR-SX900 isn’t emulating the real thing — it's the real deal! And for karaoke, the PSR-SX900's professional-quality background singers put you center stage. Sing the song and Yamaha's state-of-the-art VH2 (Vocal Harmony 2) chip does the rest! Bottom line: Loaded with premium content and a comprehensive smart feature set, the Yamaha PSR-SX900 is designed to light up your musical ideas fast — and with total control.
Yamaha PSR-SX900 Arranger Workstation Features:
- Loaded with premium content from Yamaha's flagship Genos workstation
- Yamaha 61-note synth keyboard with 4 selectable velocity curves
- Multi Pads Creator (4 pads, 329 banks)
- AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) Stereo Sampling; 128-note polyphony
- 1337 Voices + 56 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices
- 525 Styles, including 463 Pro, 46 Session, 6 Free Play, and 10 DJ
- 7" TFT Wide VGA LCD color touchscreen gives you immediate access to Voice and Style assignments, features, and settings
- Joystick Controller facilitates a wide variety of pitch and modulation combinations
- Onboard FX, including Reverb, Chorus, Variation Effect, Insertion Effect, Master Compressor, Master EQ, Part EQ, and Mic/Guitar FX (Noise Gate, Compressor, 3-band EQ)
- Vocal Harmony and Synth Vocoder (54 Preset + 60 User)
- Voice Expansion (approximately 1GB); Style Expansion (internal memory)
- Assignable real-time control knobs let you filter and tweak your sound like an analog synth
- 16-track song recorder/player lets you create full arrangements and play back songs via Step, Multitrack, or Quick Recording
- Accompaniment Styles add a "backing band" to your performances while you remain in control of chord changes and arrangement
- AWM Stereo Sampling re-creates natural instrument sound in stereo
- Voice & Style Expansion Packs let you customize your workstation with a wide range of additional content from across the globe
- MP3 Lyric Display shows lyrics of MP3 songs with lyric data attached, including thousands of karaoke titles
- Display lyrics on an external display via optional USB display adapter
- XG compatibility lets you play and interact with thousands of songs from yamahamusicsoft.com
- USB audio recording and playback (WAV format, with Time Stretch, Pitch Shift, and Vocal Cancel) captures to or plays back performances from a USB flash drive
- Onboard Metronome; Tempo Range, Transpose, Tuning, Octave Button, 9 Scale Types + Sub Scale setting
- Onboard 2-way stereo speaker system: 15W + 10W x 2
- Internal User Memory: approximately 4GB
- MIDI DIN I/O; 3.5mm Stereo Aux IN; 1/4" Main Out (L/L+R, R); Aux Out (1, 2)
- 1/4" microphone/guitar input
- Sustain Pedal jack, Articulation Pedal jack (function assignable)
- USB-to-Host, USB-to-Device (x 2)
- Included Music Rest, Owner's Manual, PA300C power supply
- Dimensions: W 40.06" x D 17" x H 5.50"
- Weight: 25.375 pounds
- Number of Keys:61
- Type of Keys:Touch response, Normal, Soft1, Soft2, Hard1, Hard2
- Velocity Sensitive:Yes
- Other Controllers:Joystick
- Polyphony:128 max
- Presets:1337 Voices, 56 Drum/SFX Kits, 480 XG Voices
- Number of Effects:487 Preset, 150 User
- Effects Types:Reverb, Chorus, Compressor, EQ
- Memory:4GB (internal)
- Storage:USB Flash
- Audio Recording:16-track, 80 minutes max/song, Step Recording
- Audio Playback:WAV, MP3
- Audio Inputs:1 x 1/4" (mic/guitar), 1 x 1/8" (aux)
- Audio Outputs:2 x 1/4" (L/L+R, R), 2 x 1/4" (aux 1/2 or L/L+R, R)
- USB:2 x Type A, 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O:In/Out
- Headphones:1 x 1/4"
- Pedal Inputs:2 x 1/4" (sustain, articulation)
- Built-in Speakers:2 x 5.11"
- Power Supply:16V DC power supply (included)
- Weight:23.37 lbs